Sunday, April 15, 2007

Andrew's first game of the season

and his first minor league game . . . Andrew moved up this year to minor league--big step! hitting of a pitcher, not the machine. He did so well. played catcher which is the hardest position on the team in my opinion. When the coach put him there on the first day of practice, he was not happy, wanted me to tell the coach that he didn't want to play there. But I told him to do his best and that the team "needed" him there because he was the only one who could throw from home to second (which is a must because they steal in this league and you have to be able to get them out at second). He still was not happy about it but after a few practices he realized that he could do it and now he likes it. In fact in the last inning of the game, he was moved to second and I later asked him if he was more comfortable there and he said no that he liked playing catcher better. Boy did that make me proud. He is really maturing and becoming a young man. Anyway, he played catcher and got one out at home and two at second. Still mistakes made and lots to learn but I am so proud of my little catcher. His next game is this Thursday. So fun to be at the ball park watching my boys play ball!

ps no pics b/c Ms. Treva was there taking pics with her good camera so I will get some of those from her.

No comments: