Thursday, August 02, 2007

My boys

 

This morning was our first day of school. Look at my boys! they are growing too fast. I just want to put them all back in their baby beds and rock them for awhile. I can't believe how fast time flies. We were so busy this summer that it went by super fast.

Everyone was excited about school. A few nerves but mostly fine. Luke got a little teary going into the school and hugged me really tight which made me cry. One of the other children said in the cutest voice, "bye Mama" and I lost it and have to leave. I am sure he is fine and having a great time. Its just the newness and being unsure of things that scares him. I can't wait to hear about his day. Noah started 7th grade--junior high--yikes! and was a wee bit nervous. I told him just to follow the crowd--because his whole class stays together all day--changing classes together, etc.--and this would be the only time that I would tell him to follow the crowd! he smiled a bit on that note. Andrew is in the fourth grade and was actually excited he said. Now that's a change! Asa was nervous but is going to be fine. All of the boys' classes are smaller than normal so that is always a good learning environment.

As for me, well, it feels weird here at home but I am enjoying the quiet. I purposely planned not to work today so that I could play in my scrapbook room . . . . finally! I will work two days a week, plan to keep up with housework and just enjoy myself on the other days. Of course, I'll be at the school a lot too. I am now on the substitute list and volunteer a lot with the PTC. I like being there and knowing what's going on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: