Thursday, February 03, 2011

No More Crunches? Abs-olutely! | ThePostGame

No More Crunches? Abs-olutely! | ThePostGame

"Your abdominal muscles are unlike your biceps and triceps in both structure and function. Their main job is to protect your spine by helping the other core muscles –- those in your back and hips –- keep your lower back and pelvis in a safe, neutral position."

I've known this but yet never KNOWN this. The above statement for that website just really hit me like a brick just now. Normal crunches HURT my back which totally defeats the purpose of strengthening my abs for a healthier back. No wonder I wake up walking crooked like my hips are out of line; no wonder I can't get up out of a sitting position without pushing off with my arms; no wonder I can't get up off the floor without rolling over on all fours; no wonder . . . .

Off I go to try out "the plank."

No comments: