Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An afternoon adventure

With son #1, the cowboy. He asks me to "stand in the gate and not let the calf through." ok, I understood that to mean ONE calf, about 100 pounds. NOT 20 or 30 400 pound beasts!




So there I stood, staring down the ones I was NOT supposed to let through the gate. Little did he know, if it came down to it, and the calf challenged me, I was going to graciously step aside!!!!!





Soooo as I was doing my "job", the cowboy was shouting orders to me to move here, move there, not there, over there......thus throwing me back to being an 8 year old helping my daddy pen cows and never doing anything right. (love ya daddy! Lol)

However, even though there was absolutely no rhyme or reason to noah's sorting of the calves, I played right along and did my best (he even said I was a great help!).





He only complained once...about me taking pics.




And I only complained once ...about my now dirty toes and poop on my flip flops. These toes are too pretty to be working on the farm The cowboy owes me a pedicure!!!!





Side note: if you think having your child rub his snotty nose on you, just imagine being this poor steer and having your bovine friend crap all over you! I'll take the snotty nosed kid anyday....one of them grew up to be my fav cowboy!!!




Um hello, I'm trying to go home....moooooove. Please!
Hahaha!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: