Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My new best friend . . . .


Isn't she a beauty? After many years of having a yard man, "I" am now the yard man! Thanks to my inlaws who so graciously gave us their old mower--I am ever so thankful that it is not a push mower--I am not too fond of pushing although I remember us having a push mower when we lived in Baton Rouge and our yard was much smaller, but I still didn't like pushing and I believe that we paid my cousin to cut it. I think that our yard would be more of a priority if my husband didn't cut "grass" for a living. Can you imagine being a hay farmer and then coming home to cutting a yard. Just doesn't float his boat--can't say I blame him either. Having a yard man all these years seems like such a waste of money however it has been one luxury that we have indulged in over the years. So anyway, the yard is now one more thing to add to my list. It only took me THREE days to get it done--of course, it had not been cut in FIVE weeks--that's right! Our yard man who would come every 5 days when he needed money, only came 5 times this entire summer (since he owes us money--that's another story that I won't bore you with).

Also, here are some pics of Noah and Andrew and Asa from their first day of school (I didn't realize they were so dark when I took them--sorry). School seems to being going good for everyone (especially ME!).






P.S. Won't you please leave me a comment--only two people have so far--I'll even give away something to the first person who does--like . . . . . an autographed pic of me!!!!!!!!!!!! (isn't that what the celebrity bloggers do?--haha!)

2 comments:

furrfamily said...

What happened to the pics?

Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok, I am here lurking and making a comment-but it wasn't like I didn't TRY you know!!!
You can come cut my yard next.