Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Few Recipes to Share

I bought a chicken cookbook at the book fair and last night I tried one of the recipes--can't remember what it was called but here is the jist of the recipe--too simple and WAY too YUMMY!--Just ask the boys.

Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts (cut in halves)
milk and eggs for dipping
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1 cup of Parmasean cheese (the kind in the green can that you put on spaghetti)
salt & pepper
garlic salt
olive oil

dip the chicken in the milk egg mixture, then bread with the other ingredients. cook over medium heat in a skillet with the olive oil. about 10 mins each side. YUMMY!


The other recipes is a mishap. You see, I LOVED the Paula Dean pork roast that my friend, Joy made for our monthly supper club a few months back. She told me that the recipe was on her website so I found it or so I thought. I think I have found a different recipe because the ingredients are not as she first told me but our family loves it--and I still don't have the recipe that she used that night. oh well, this one will do.

Barbecue Pork Roast by Paula Dean
1/4 teaspoon Worchestire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (4 pound) pork roast
1 cup barbecue sauce

Combine all ingredients and marinate for atleast 4 hours--preferrably overnight. Bake at 325 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Now since I never have the ingredients when I need them, I subsitute quite a bit. Like I just made the marinade and I didn't have any worchestire sauce and only 1/2 cup of bbq sauce (which I add to the marinade) so I substituted some ketchup. nor did I have the garlic so I used dried minced onions. oh, and I didn't measure anything. so I'll let you know if it is edible Really, I'll let you know if it turned out ok. If you follow the recipe (unlike me), it is FABULOUS.

P.S. The carpenter is coming this afternoon to touch up the last bit on the cabinets and trim and put the knobs on the cabinets, so I should post the final pics tomorrow. LOVE it!

No comments: