Sunday, June 17, 2007

Walking barefoot on Jerry Clower's grave

After church this evening, we took a ride through the East Fork community that Jerry Clower always talked about and found the cemetery where we thought he would be buried. And after only a short search, we found his grave. I got out of the car and walked barefoot over to where this famous man, from such a humble and little known area, is buried. What a strange way to end our Father's day. I was really looking for his home which I assume would be huge and I know is somewhere down that road, but we didn't find it.

We started our day with 9 holes of golf at the CC. All of the boys played with Jimmy and I drove the cart and just enjoyed watching all of my boys play together. Then we had a picnic and swam for a while. The boys have been begging Jimmy for a very long time to swim with them and he never will so today was indeed a treat for them. We came home for a short nap then to church and dinner in McComb.

On this day I am so very thankful for my daddy and for all he has ever done for me. You never really realize what all a parent does and does without until you become a parent yourself. And I am also thankful for the father that Jimmy has become. Words cannot begin to describe what an awesome Christian example he is for our boys.

Hope you had a GREAT day!

No comments: