Friday, January 30, 2009

Andrew's First Der

After two weeks of hunting almost everyday, Andrew finally killed his very first deer--a 4 pt. buck! He is thrilled!!! I was cozy and snug on the couch, watching a little tv, when I got a phone call with a man whispering on the other end asking me to bring a flashlight to the field. Geez! can't they ever just drop one in their tracks? No, a hunt must follow the shot. So I brought the flashlight, drove into the field with no headlights so I wouldn't stir the dead deer (whatever!) then sat my big butt in the warm van and watched two grown men and four boys with two flashlights looking for a dead deer in a 200 acre pasture. I was thinking they'd never find it but was happy for Andrew when they did. But the night is not over til the deer is gutted, etc. and the blood if put on the hunter's face. ugh! who ever thought of that tradition!


 
 
 



You know, as proud as I am for Andrew and happy that we have the opportunity for Jimmy to teach the boys about hunting and all those things, I couldn't help but wonder what a mother of four girls would be doing on a Friday night. Just a thought!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ANDREW!! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU! NOW GO LEARN HOW TO COOK SOME OF THAT MEAT.

Joelle said...

Yay! for Andrew!! Gross to a city girl, but I can appreciate the excitement.

Anonymous said...

My mom of 4 girls was usually curled up on the couch watching DALLAS after leaving the CA football game at halftime to make it home in time for JR and BOBBY!