Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just call me Martha . . . as in Stewart

Arent' these just the cutest aprons? I saw the idea/directions on the internet before Christmas and today was the day to make them. Yep, I sewed. Kind of like saying that my sister, Traci is on time. It CAN happen. Just not often. I come from a long line of seamstresses and if my mother would say she failed at one thing, it would be that I didn't learn to sew thus growing up to make my family's entire wardrobe. 

So, don't look close, because, remember, I am not a seamstress. I am a addicted scrapbooker who is suffering from withdrawals since all my stuff is packed up, waiting for my new office. So I got out my sewing machine and went to town. They really are cute. Just don't look over them too carefully because I, like a drunk can't walk a straight line, can't sew a straight line. These aren't meant to be judged in the 4-H sewing division, however if you like quirky, fun things, that will make you cook better, then these are for you. Ok, maybe not the cooking thing.  

I thought of selling them on etsy or ebay however once I researched it, there are like 500 on each website and slim to none bids on any of them. So I get to enjoy them all. i actually wore one tonight while cooking. And I felt very "Beverly Cleaverish" although if she would have made one I am most certain that her sew lines would have been super straight. 




 
This one has pockets and is going with me to Crop Connection this weekend. It will be great to put handy scrapbook tools in, money, cell phone, etc.



Can you guess who my model is? He was super nice about it and stood very still as i tied each of them on for the pics.
Posted by Picasa