Thursday, October 26, 2006

My new do

 

Let me warn you to stop reading this now if you are currently, have been in the past or are thinking of becoming a hair stylist . . . if you choose to continue to read, then you do so on your own terms. I cannot be held responsible for what I am about to say . . . ok so after ONLY three weeks of waiting I finally got an appointment to have my hair cut and colored. Never mind the 45 minute drive there . . . . so I go this morning and tell her that I want to go brown, not back to my natural shit brown but more Hershey Chocolate brown. Ok, she got that right. Then I showed her a picture of something similar to what I want. You know my hair had gotten too long all over and was pretty flat so I wanted a bit of umph! Ok, why the hell can't hairdressers just cut like the picture. or tell me that my hair won't do that!!!! and in what part of the conversation of the picture does the word "bangs" come to mind. OMG she gave me bangs!!! I haven't had bangs in years!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to cry--not because of my hair but out of frustration. I really like this girl and this salon but this is the second time she has done this. Just totally not done what I have asked her or showed her. If nothing else, just say, "girl, there is no way in hell that I can do that to your hair." or whatever! anyway, I came home and washed it and started over and I must say that I like it. It is definitely more chic than the "grandma-mushroom do" that I walked out of there with. And $100 poorer too! Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now and move on to better things, like . . .

My house is so warm and cozy. Luke and I are enjoying the nasty weather outside . . .because we are inside! We've got Mr. Jack-O-Lantern lit on the table and a Yankee Hazlenut/Coffee candle burning with the lights off and the lamps on. LOVE this time of year (as long as I am inside--lucky me today). Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too funny-who did the cut? Just prepped a pumpkin to carve today w/man-he will want to do multiple pumkins-brownies for tomorrow done, trail mix to be mixed, games just about wrapped up-oh yeah, and then we have trick or treat-tomorrow will be busy-enjoy it, don't stress it!!!!

Anonymous said...

play with you hair it always gets a little better. Looks cute!!

Anonymous said...

there "are" advantages of being bald you ought to let me cut your hair since you cut mine.