Wednesday, September 26, 2007

one more G

6)Good-Byes--hate good-byes. a)remember telling my Daddy goodbye the morning that I left for college. I was a nervous wreck and was standing in the bathroom putting on my make-up and the time came and it was a hug and a "be careful." and it killed me. I remember balling after he left the house. b)then telling Mama goodbye when she left me at the dorm. the anticipation of the goodbye had me crying all day. c)driving to our hotel on our wedding night and remembering that I didn't tell Daddy "goodbye"--guess he wasn't around when we left and it broke my heart just thinking that I had failed to hug his neck before leaving. He proably didn't think anything about it but what if he did and was upset that his baby girl didn't care to tell him bye on that special night. funny the things you remember. d)saying goodbye to Mama and Daddy when we moved to New Iberia from next door to them when Noah was 3 months old. we were only moving 1 1/2 hours away but it was still hard. 3)telling MawMaw Betz goodbye. I wonder if she knew that my visit that day was for that purpose. It was awkward. How I wish now that I would have said the obvious: "MawMaw, they tell me your body is tired and you won't be here but a few more days and I just came one last time to say how much I love you and how much I learned from you and I am gonna miss you terribly" . . . . . but I couldn't say it. but maybe I should have instead of the small talk. Tears me up just thinking about it. The human side of me says all of this, but the spiritual side says that goodbyes are only for a little while b/c I know that we will meet in Heaven one day--such a hard thing to comprehend but that is where my faith comes in (now there's an F word that I forgot about). Goodbyes are always gonna happen. I just hope there won't be one anytime soon. Too hard!

No comments: